FIPA’s 2023 Annual General Meeting is an ideal opportunity to hear highlights of the Association’s work and our key priorities going forward.
We will conduct regular AGM business, discuss a Special Resolution to replace bylaws this year, provide notice of changes considered for next year, and elect Board members.
When: Thursday, December 14, 2023, from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
Where: Virtually, via Microsoft Teams or by phone.
To RSVP send an email to secretary AT fipa.bc.ca or call the office at 604-739-9788.
Be sure that your membership is up to date so that you can vote at the meeting!
With this year’s AGM being virtual, the complete AGM package of materials will be distributed via email the day of the event. If you would prefer to receive a hard copy of the AGM package, please specify in your RSVP. Hard copies will only be mailed to those who request them ahead of time. Please allow sufficient time for delivery, preferably seven business days in advance of the meeting.
The agenda package includes the documents listed below. The Chair will display documents from the meeting package on the screen during the meeting.
- Doc 01 – 2023 FIPA AGM Agenda
- Doc 02 – 2022 AGM Meeting Minutes
- Doc 03 – 2022 Financial Review Engagement and 202306 Balance Sheet
- Doc 04 – 2022 FIPA Annual Report
- Doc 05 – 2023 Special Resolution to Replace the Bylaws
- Doc 06 – 20210901 Current FIPA Bylaw
- Doc 07 – 2023 FIPA Bylaws
- Doc 08 – 2023 Summary of Bylaw Amendments
- Doc 09 – 2024 Summary of Bylaw Amendments
- Doc 10 – 2023 Director Nomination Process
- Doc 11 – 2023 Board of Directors Composition
- Doc 12 – 2023 Candidate Bios
Following the Annual General Meeting adjournment of regular business, a roundtable discussion and update on FIPA’s 2023 and 2024 activities will be held with President Mike Larsen and Executive Director Jason Woywada!
Board of Directors Election
FIPA will be electing a portion of their board of directors following established policy. FIPA Policy: Director Nomination Process
- Interested in becoming a director? Be sure to visit our Governance page and learn about FIPA Board Roles and Responsibilities.
- Candidates must prepare a brief (one page maximum) personal statement and expression of interest in information and privacy rights and submit it to secretary AT fipa.bc.ca.
- Candidates must submit this document by email by noon, December 7th to be eligible for nomination.
If you, as a member, are unable to attend, you can appoint a proxy by following the established policy. FIPA Policy: How to submit a proxy.
- The proxy form is to be sent by email to: secretary AT fipa.bc.ca
- The form must be received by email by noon, December 13th to create an eligible proxy.