For more than twenty five years, FIPA has been an instrumental part of B.C.’s civil society community. Apply to join our team as our new Program Director (maternity leave coverage). Here are the details on the position, and how to apply:
Position: Program Director
Position Type: Full-Time, temporary/contract (maternity leave coverage)
Location: Vancouver/Lower Mainland, B.C.
Minimum Required Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, 2-3 years professional experience
The BC Freedom of Information and Privacy Association is a non-partisan, non-profit society that was established a quarter century ago to promote and defend freedom of information and privacy rights in Canada. Our goal is to empower citizens by increasing their access to information and their control over their own personal information. We serve a wide variety of individuals and organizations through programs of public education, public assistance, research, and law reform.
The primary mission of this post is organizational development, which includes fundraising as well as enhancing and expanding existing services.
Main functions and responsibilities:
Assisting the Executive Director (ED) with:
- Fundraising and marketing;
- Communications and outreach;
- Conduct special projects, including conferences, workshops and special events;
- Conducts day-to-day operations of the office;
- Duties supporting the Board of Directors, committees, and volunteers.
The successful candidate will have the expertise and experience to help manage and expand a non-profit group dedicated to FOI and privacy issues. This will be an excellent opportunity for those with an entrepreneurial spirit and an enthusiastic attitude necessary to help FIPA grow.
You must have a keen interest in civil liberties, particularly access to information and privacy issues.
You must be a leader and communicator capable of working co-operatively with FIPA’s board of directors, volunteers, membership and a wide range of stakeholders.
You will possess:
- Successful experience in fundraising for non-profits
- A proven track record in communications and marketing for the non-profit sector
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational ability
- Experience and competence in research and writing
- Proven experience in website editing and maintenance and effective use of social media (SMS) and MS Office. Experience working with graphic design an asset.
- A degree in communications, marketing or equivalent.
This is a full-time position based out of our office in Vancouver, B.C. Some travel required, possibly to Ottawa and/or Victoria.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to FIPA at email@example.com with “Employment Opportunity: (Your Name)” in the subject line by Wednesday, August 22, 2018. Please send documents in PDF format. Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
FIPA hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply. We especially welcome applications from members of visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to engage productively with diverse communities.