In this issue:
- BC Election: It’s time to double down on info rights
- BC Election Act causes confusion, chills free speech — again
- Major data security issues bedevil the Federal Government
- A National ID Card by Stealth?
- Fighting for a fair deal: FIPA continues to oppose Trans-Pacific Partnership
- FIPA is hiring! Join the team
- Access in the Academy: FIPA to launch new ATI/FOI resource for researchers
Download the bulletin (pdf).
In the summer of 2004, ID theft was a hot issue. Since then, it has exploded.
There has been a flurry of activity in Canada and the United States, as regulators and companies alike struggle to keep up with the rapid growth in this white collar crime. Consequently, while the research has progressed, it has been a constant struggle to keep up with the fast-breaking news events and the subsequent policy and legislative responses of governments. We have focused on providing advice and analysis on how to protect the rights of the individual, through the use of existing law, policy, standards, and management practices.
Download the report (pdf).